The health and welfare of district residents is the primary responsibility and concern of the Collier Mosquito Control District (CMCD).
The CMCD was created in 1950 for the special purpose of controlling mosquitoes and is governed by Chapter 388, Florida Statutes. In 1950, the district was 6 square miles in size and over the years has expanded to its current size of 401 square miles. It is an Independent Special District of the State of Florida and as such, has a Board of five Commissioners who are elected for non-partisan “Seats” to serve four-year terms. Monthly public meetings are conducted by the Board of Commissioners at the district headquarters located at 600 North Road, on the west side of the Naples airport.